Georgia POLST 2018 Conference
The bi-annual Georgia POLST Conference is an exciting opportunity to learn about and engage in advance care planning news, programs, and legislative iniatives at a statewide level. Attendees enjoy networking with other stakeholders in end-of-life care as well as our sponsors, who represent hospitals, hospices, ambulatory practices, state agencies, and long-term care programs throughout Georgia.
Please join us for a full day of expert speakers and fantastic networking opportunities!
- Susan Nelson, MD, Chairperson of the Louisiana LaPOLST and Louisiana Health Care Quality Forum
- Toni Miles, MD, College of Public Health, The University of Georgia
Lunch and snacks will be provided throughout the day. Please contact us if you have any dietary restrictions. A full agenda will be released shortly. Continuing education credit hours for physicians, nurses, and social workers have been applied for.
Early bird registration rates will be ending SOON for the 2018 Georgia POLST Collaborative Conference!
- 8:00-8:30 - Registration and breakfast
- 8:30-9:00 - Welcome
- 9:00-10:00 - Susan Nelson, Religion and POLST
- 10:00-10:15 - Break
- 10:15-11:15 - Faith Leaders panel
- 11:15-12:00 - Richard Cohen & Kathy Kinlaw, Updates from the Advance Care Planning Ethics Summit
- 12:00-1:00 - Lunch
- 1:00-1:30 - Toni Miles, Bereavement in Long-Term Care
- 1:30-2:30 - Breakout Panels:
- Using the POLST
- POLST in Long-Term Care
- Advance Care Planning and Faith
- 2:30-3:00 - Lindsay Prizer, Moving Forward with the GA POLST
- 3:00-3:15 - Adjourn
Continuing education for physicians, nurses, and social workers has been applied for and is included in the cost of registration. Please share this with your colleagues and throughout your networks!