**Urgent Message for Senate Study Committee (SR188)**
Members and friends, see the below announcement from Suzanne Staebler, GNA APRN Director regarding the Senate APRN Study Committee:
In preparation for appointment and work of the Senate APRN Study Committee (SR188), GNA, CAPRN and UAPRN have established a workgroup to help coordinate this work with Senator Unterman.
We are looking for APRNs from across the state to help in this important work. Nominations (and self nominations) for the APRN appointed to the committee can be sent to APRN@georgianurses.org.
Applicants should send:
- Copy of their CV
- List of professional references and a cover letter addressing their qualifications to serve and their ability to participate in all committee meetings and other activities.
Applicants should be:
- An active member of GNA, UAPRN, GAPNA, NAPNAP, GANA, Ga-ACNM or another state APRN organization. The cover letter should include information about organizational affiliation, involvement and activities within the APRN organization.
- Working full-time in clinical practice, in a site/practice within their APRN scope and possessing prescriptive authority.
- Experienced in public speaking and well-spoken. Possess political savvy in interacting with legislators and state leaders.
- Knowledgeable about APRN issues and regulations nationally and in GA. This includes a working knowledge of the consensus model, current statues regulating APRN practice in GA as well as current legislative priorities for nursing.
ALL nominations (including self-nominations) should be sent to APRN@georgianurses.org. Deadline June 12th